Information about available sites and facilities, including size, configuration, available infrastructure, transportation attributes and the opportunity of being at The Port of Harlingen has to offer.
What We Offer
The Port of Harlingen Authority has more than 300 acres of on and off channel sites available seeking economical and efficient transportation.
- 2,000 acres of land
- 650 ft. of multi-cargo wharf
- 100 linear ft. dry bulk wharf
- 5 Docks
- Short-sea shipping via M-10 and M-69 Marine Highways
- Direct connection to US-77, US-83 and I-69
- Terminal rail serviced by Union Pacific with connections to Santa Fe and Kansas City Southern de Mexico
- Air Service through the International Cargo facilities at Valley International Airport
- Located 25 miles inland of the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway
- Harlingen Channel: 125′ wide x 12′ deep
- Turning Basin: 400′ wide & 14′ deep
Barges, Stevedoring & Barges
Normal capacity of dry hopper barges are 1,200 to 1,500 short tons. Liquid barges carry between 24,00 and 28,000 barrels. Stevedoring services are available by various independent companies who can quote all inclusive costs for the service required. The Free Trade International Bridge at Los Indios is 18 miles from the Port.
- Electric & Internet Services: Electrical service is provided by American Electric Power. Single and three phase power is available at standard, primary and secondary voltage. The port is serviced by air fiber, and can help you secure speeds up to 100MB x 100MB.
- Natural Gas: A 4-inch main brings natural gas to the Port at approximately 200 pounds per pressure. The BTU rate is 1 cubic foot = 1,000 BTU’s.
- Water Service: The Port is serviced by the East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation.
- Rail Service: Rail service is provided by Union Pacific, Burlington Northern – Santa Fe, and Kansas City Southern de Mexico when transporting to Mexico.
The Port of Harlingen Authority has more than 600 acres of on and off channel sites available with access to the Free Trade Zone #62.
Industrial, On Water
Off Port Road
Off FM1846, Dock Access
Robles Rd. & Williams Rd.
FM 106 & FM 1595
Off FM 106
FM 106/ Feedlot Property
FM 106/ W. Colorado
Be a part of The Port of Harlingen!
To learn more about how your company can locate to the The Port of Harlingen, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (956) 244-7883.